Divorce cases are filed as Domestic Civil Cases in Superior Court. Filing fees to the Superior Court vary by county, see list and links below for the most recent filing fees as of August, 2015.
- Alcovy (Walton and Newton Counties) $205.00 www.alcovycircuit.com
- Athens-Clark County $215.00 athensclarkecounty.com
- Dekalb County $210.00 www.dksuperiorclerk.com
- Fulton County $221.00 www.fcclk.org
- Gwinnett County $206.00 www.gwinnettcourts.com
- Rockdale County $205.00www.rockdaleclerk.com
The filing fee is paid to the Clerk’s office for the filing and processing of your case. If your case requires service of process by the Sheriff, there is a separate fee to the Sheriff’s office of $50.00 per person, per address.
If your county is not listed above, call the Clerk of the Superior Court in your county for the most recent fees.
This is an update to the prior post: How Much AreYour Legal Fees For A Divorce?.
Contact the Law Office of Christine M Bechtold, LLC to schedule a free initial consultation and start your divorce process.