“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.” Declaration of Independence.
The Declaration of Independence is one of America’s most important founding documents. In the Declaration of Independence Thomas Jefferson lists various reasons why Independence is necessary, just a few are listed below:
· "He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.” archives.gov.
· "He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.” archives.gov.
· "He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.” archives.gov.
· "He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.” archives.gov.
· “For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.” archives.gov.
Read the full transcript of the Declaration of Independence at archives.gov.
“In accordance with prevailing custom, the other delegates began to sign at the right below the text, their signatures arranged according to the geographic location of the states they represented. New Hampshire, the northernmost state, began the list, and Georgia, the southernmost, ended it.” archives.gov.
Independence Day is one of the most important federal holidays in the United States commemorating our independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. Although celebrated on July 4th every year, “July 2, 1776 is the day that the Continental Congress actually voted for independence.” archives.gov.
Local County Governments will be closed this year on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 in honor of this wonderful celebration:
The Law Office of Christine M Bechtold, LLC will also be closed on Independence Day to enjoy the day with family.