There are many benefits to an uncontested divorce in Georgia:
- the divorce can happen sooner because you resolve the issues on your own time-line and do not need to have a long waiting period with the Court;
- the process is “usually more efficient” www.divorcenet.com;
- it is cheaper because you do not need to hire an attorney to fully represent you in Court;
- you know the legal fees before you start bechtold-law.com;
- it is less stressful because there are less legal proceedings;
- your private life stays private, “you do not have to list a specific wrongdoing by your spouse to start a divorce, but must only swear that the marriage is “irretrievably broken” www.georgialegalaid.org;
- you make the
decisions, “the parties do not ask the judge to settle arguments
between them, but rather either have no issues to resolve or work
things out by themselves” www.georgialegalaid.org.
Although it may sound simple, it is still a legal process requiring specific documentation and procedures. “If you want an uncontested divorce (without a trial), then you must have a contract (settlement agreement) that handles all of the issues that arise in every divorce.” www.georgialegalaid.org. It is important to hire a local family law attorney to guide you through the uncontested divorce process.
Contact the Law Office of Christine M Bechtold, LLC today to schedule your free initial consultation. 770-466-2700 Christine@Bechtold-Law.com www.Bechtold-Law.com